Searching by DOI (Digital Object Identifier):
There are two tools you can use to draw structures or reactions in SciFiner-n:
When using Draw Tools your results will be organized by
Use the Draw Tool in tandem with a Reference Search!
You're results will include articles on your structure having to do with the search term you included
For example: upload ibuprofen and type "pain management" into the search bar before hitting search
SciFinder-n includes tools for searching patents as well.
SciFinder-n can also be used to search for proteins, protein strings, and nucleotide strings.
There are three types of Biosequence searches:
|Doesn't intuit grammatical variations of terms||Create a List of Search Terms with possible variations ahead of time. Then do multiple searches. Remember searching is a multi-step process!||Search freeze dried as well as freeze drying|
|Won't narrow search terms automatically||Create a List of Search Terms with possible variations ahead of time. Then do multiple searches. Remember searching is a multi-step process!||Search argon, radon, etc. as well as noble gases|
|AND doesn't work||
1. Prepositions: Use prepositions like of or with instead.
2. Search within Results: Search one term, select References, then scroll to the bottom of the left side bar in your results screen and click Search within Results. Type in your second term to find results that use both terms.
3. Intersect Saved Results:
A. Search Decomposition, select References, Save the search.
B. Do a new search for Paper, select References, Save the search.
C. Go to Saved Searches by clicking on the Star at the top of the screen.
D. Check you two saved searches and click Combine.
E. Select Intersect to get a list of results that show up in both searches
F. Select your two seaches and click View Results
4. Use the draw tool. You can do a reference query and also draw a structure with the draw tool. Your results will include both.
1. Search decomposition of paper not decomposition AND paper
2. Search decomposition [Search within Results] paper
3. See left.
4. Search pain management in the reference query, and use the draw tool to include an image of ibuprofen.