Click below to see if your textbook is on reserve in PRINT or ONLINE.
Some materials for your classes will be on electronic reserve in the ARES system. You can find reserves for your courses by signing into ARES.
Sign into the MyUSM portal.
1. In the left column, click on USM Quick Links.
2. Click on Course Reserves (ARES).
3. The first time you use ARES you will need to fill out a short form.
4. Next, click on Search Courses and find your course by Department, Course Number, or Instructor
5. Click Add Course, next to the green plus sign. Now, each time you go to Electronic Reserves (ARES) you will see this course and won't need to add it again.
6. Click View Course and you should see a list of items (PDF articles, videos, ...)
7. Click on the item Title to view.
Borrowing/Remote Access to Databases
These two services are mentioned together because both depend on your USM card and its barcode. Your library barcode is the small black number beginning with 218... or 250... To get remote access to USM Library databases, you must have your barcode activated. If you aren't sure if your ID card barcode has been activated, try signing into My Library Record. If it doesn't work, call 207-0780-4270 and ask to have your barcode activated. If you don't have a USM ID card, contact Card Services.
The Library Liaison Program is designed to facilitate communication and foster collaboration between the Libraries and the University of Southern Maine community. Each academic department and/or major program is assigned a librarian to provide information to faculty on library collections and services.